There are several methods for determining whether Google Analytics is functioning properly on your website. Among the techniques are:
- Verify the GA account to see if the data is there: Check if the data is showing up in the account by logging into your GA account. If the data isn’t showing up, make sure the tracking code is appropriately installed on the website and that the GA account is connected to it properly.
- Look over the Audience Overview report: This report displays your website’s session, user, and bounce rate. If you see data in this report, it means Google Analytics is functioning properly.
- Examine the Real-Time report: This report displays the current number of visitors to your website, as well as their location, behavior, and other metrics. If you see data in this report, it means Google Analytics is functioning properly.
- Examine the Acquisition report: This report shows how many people visited your website, where they came from, and how they found it. If you see data in this report, it means Google Analytics is functioning properly.
- Verify the proper installation of the tracking code: Ensure that the tracking code for Google Analytics is installed on every page of your website and that it is positioned correctly in the code, which is normally in the HTML document’s head, just before the closing head tag.