Connection will be done in three main steps:
- Add the domain to Shopify.
- Log in to domain provider (AWS) and connect the domain to Shopify.
- Verify the connection in Shopify.
Add the domain to Shopify
- Go to Shopify domains .
- Click Connect existing domain link.
- On Connect existing domain page add your external domain shop.yourdomain.com.
Log in to domain provider (AWS) and connect the domain to Shopify.
- Go to hosted zones on AWS Console Route 53 module.
- Go to yourdomain.com hosted zone.
- Click the Create Record button
- On the Add record page add a CNAME record with following options:
- Record name: shop.yourdomain.com
- Record type: CNAME
- Value: shops.myshopify.com
- Alias: No
- TTL (seconds): 300
- Routing policy: Simple
- Save the record.
Verify the connection in Shopify
- Go back to Connect existing domain page on shopify portal where you added the added the domain shop.yourdomain.com
- Click Verify Connection button.
After verification completion the domain shop.yourdomain.com will be ready to use now.